Tuesday, May 9, 2017

May 2017 Issue

Now here is the May issue:



UxDxSx "Too Fast for love" EP

  A lot of newer grind to me is not very impressive, but I recentely was introduced to Coopenhagen Denmark's UxDxSx through my friend Ed from Sparse. This four piece goregrind outfit knows how to make an impression with their debut "Too Fast For Love"(yes the same name as the Motley Crue debut, but on a whole other spectrum).  This album has all the makings of a good grind release punky grooves, merciless blasts, catchy guitar riffs, and various vocal types that dominate the nine original tracks on this album. The band takes a stab at some covers on this album as well. Their renditions of Rabid Dogs "Mangled" and Turbonegros "Denim Demon" are executed very well in my opinon. The biggest thing that caught my attention was the composition of the songs and the recording quality. I hate the attitude that a recording needs to have horrible sound quality to be consider true grind. I like being able to hear the instruments and vocals clearly  with being able to distinguish what's all happening. Definitely a release I recommend checking out.

https://uxdxs.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment