Sunday, October 1, 2017

Halloween Issue 2017

We are approaching the fall season my favorite time of year.I decided to review one of my favorite albums,and one I usually like listening to during the fall/Halloween season. So here it is enjoy readers:


                               Oct Issue-Type o Negative "Bloody Kisses" LP

   As fall approaches I decided to review this classic album from Type O Negative,that fits perfectly with the Halloween and fall season. Type O Negative's third album brought the band out of the metal underground and into the mainstream. This album is a brilliant mix of Gothic metal, doom and hardcore punk that has lyrics ranging from depression, suicide and blatant sarcasm. "Christian Women" and "Black No 1" have the perfect amount of catchiness to sing along with and the perfect amount of heaviness to bang your head to. "Kill all the White People" and "We Hate Everyone" are more along the lines of the late Peter Steele's former band "Carnivore"that have more of a fast paced hardcore/punk sound .The band's cover of Seals and Crofts "Summer Breeze" was ingeniously done taking a more happier sounding song and transforming it into a much darker sounding orchestration. "Sets me on Fire" is definitely "Beatles" worship done well with it's late 60s/70s vibe and wah driven guitar sound in the breaks. My two favorite tracks are the title track which is dark goth doom metal masterpiece.This is also the first song I ever heard from the band in general. The dark organ intro, the distorted bass, screaming sustain of the guitar solo, and the primitive, powerful, yet somber pace of the drums that keep it all together make for a winning combination.My other favorite track "I Can't Lose You" is a more melancholy composition with an emotionally driven sitar piece that flows well with the music and Steele's baritone voice crooning throughout the song. This album is a win all the way and the musicians themselves prove to be the perfect match. There will never be another band like it and I want to take the time to thank them for their influence and for creating this timeless masterpiece
.
Thank you: Kenny Hickey, Josh Silver, Sal Abruscato, Johnny Kelly and the green man Pete Steele-R.I.P. 1962-2010.

Want to wish everyone a Happy Halloween/Samhain.

No comments:

Post a Comment