Wednesday, January 31, 2018

First Issue of 2018

To all the readers,

  I hope everyone has had a great start to the new year. Here is the first and newest issue of Cryptic Inscriptions for 2018.



                                    Mortiferum "Altar of Decay" demo 2017

  I recently went to a local death metal show here in Houston and got the chance to check out two old school inspired death metal bands Fetid and Mortiferum. I enjoyed Mortiferum a little bit more so I went and checked out their demo "Altar of Decay" that's up on their band camp page. Hailing from Olympia,Washington Mortiferum has been described as having influences that range from American to Finnish old school death metal. I can definitely agree with the comparison, but the first thing I thought of was Dismemberment, who are one of my favorite death/doom metal bands. I like the old school feel of the recording and the songwriting. I couldn't help but bang my head while listening to this the heavy grooves, soul crushing riffs, and  blast beats all make perfect bedfellows. The synth intros and outros definitely added a darker atmosphere to the tracks as well; this demo kills and I can't wait for the full length.

band camp link-https://mortiferum.bandcamp.com/releases

No comments:

Post a Comment