Sunday, August 14, 2011

All Hail The Transcending Ghost "Self Titled" LP Review




All Hail the Transcending Ghost Self titled LP:

Does the soul really transcend when we die or once when the heart ceases to tick do we just simply end? I prefer the prior when it comes to that sort of thing, and the self titled LP of All Hail the Transcending Ghost demonstrates the best audio depiction of the soul leaving the body. The haunting audio depiction courtesy of Henrik Nordvargr(Mz412,Nordvargr,Folkstorm) on electronics and Tim Bertilsson (Switchblade) on guitars, leaves you in a lifeless trance hoping to seek light at the end of the dark tunnel. The album is laden with various samples,voices and soundscapes that mix well with the cold dark guitar lines that follow. The guitar is more of a soundscape device on this recording than an actual instrument. Which by all means I’m not bashing at all.I think it was genius to rely on various guitar effects and feedback to help add an edge to the already dark soundscape. The only complaint I have is the fact that only two songs are titled (Intornater and Breaking the Seals of Scattered Hope) and the rest are all untitled. I ‘m sure there was reasoning behind this, but to me I wish they would have titled the rest of the songs. I definitely recommend picking this up though; I haven’t stopped listening to this album ever since I heard about it back in late 2009 when it was released. Your soul may find the peace it is seeking from beyond…

No comments:

Post a Comment