Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shitstorm/Conga Fury "Split 7 inch" Review


Shitstorm/Conga Fury split 7 inch.

I’m not going to lie I’ve been really waiting to check out this release since I heard about it back in 2009. I’ve been a big fan of Shitstorm since the early days and to hear that they did a split with Japan’s Conga Fury I immediately wanted to check this out. This release is the perfect marriage of grindcore and noisy hardcore punk. Conga Fury serves up 4 tracks of no holds barred noisy punk rock. I like to describe it in the vein of Disclose but a bit heavier, soaked with the obvious social political stance on things with songs like “True News” and “Why”. Shitstorm serves up 6 tracks that just beat you down to the ground in a matter of minutes leaving you bloody and helpless. Their pure grindcore attack mixed with lyrics dealing with the war on terror and drugs with titles such as “Child Solider”, “Never ending Genocide” and “Leadershit” make for one hell of a sick listen. I definitely recommend adding this one to your record collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment