Sunday, April 15, 2012

Salo “Mangia Merde E Morte” Cassette EP Review



Salo “Mangia Merde E Morte” EP Cassette Review

I recently had this sent to me by the bands new vocalist Eston Browne. I’m not the biggest black metal fan and I don’t want to be biased, but after checking this out I was actually pretty impressed by it. It’s not something I would listen to everyday and I’m not saying the band is bringing anything new to the table. I would, however, recommend this release to anyone into black metal bands such as Deathspell Omega and Ulver which I ‘m actually fond of. The recording isn’t the most polished, but it’s not terrible either. The music is audible and the vocal assault of Eston Browne is actually pretty impressive for this genre of music. There is a bit of punk d-beat influence on this record which is pretty interesting and keeps a good groove along with the depressing black metal drone sound, which on this album makes good bedfellows. If they came to town I would definitely come out and support them as well. For fans of old black metal such as Bathory and Darkthrone along with fans of Ulver and Darkthrone will definitely enjoy this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment