Saturday, February 8, 2014

Motley Crue "Too Fast For Love" LP Review



Motley Crue “Too Fast For Love” LP


 I still remember years ago being younger and seeing my sister’s cassette tape of Dr.Feelgood and wondering what and who this was? The demon face with the sword on the front cover got my attention and years later I would end up finding out more about Motley Crue and growing an appreciation of the band. I bought Dr.Feelgood around this time and also bought this album which is still one of my favorite records of all time. “Too Fast For Love” is basically an audio version of the band’s story of the recording, but it also marks the period of time the band was going through.  In a nutshell, living fast, dying young, and having no regrets. From the opening riff of “Live Wire” to the hook on “Public Enemy Number One,” I don’t think there’s a song on this record that I don’t like to be honest. The one thing about this record is you can tell the band was young and still very new- in a very good way. They just went in, hit record, and played, probably not even giving any thought that they would go anywhere.  They were just having fun being young, and seeking out trouble wherever they could find it. The band has complimented each other since the beginning, with the snotty bass lines of Nikki Sixx, the thunderous drumming of Tommy Lee, the insane guitar licks of Mick Mars, and Vince Neil’s ratty vocals. Sixx has a knack for writing catchy lyrics and songs, which he made apparent from this record onward. To sum things up, this record puts you in a state of nostalgia, remembering how it was to be young and not give a shit if you lived or died or if you became successful or what was happening tomorrow. You just lived in the moment and every time I hear this record it makes me think of that time. This will definitely be in my top 10 records of all time no matter what, and this record will always have a spot in my black heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment