Sunday, December 11, 2016

Dec Issue last issue of 2016

Hope everyone had a great holiday! Its been a crazy and busy year for me, and I can't wait for the new things that await for next year! To close out the year here is the Dec issue of the zine:



Dec Issue Carcass "Necroticism"

  Carcass are known for being the purveyors of the goregrind genre. They would later abandoned it to focus on a more melodic death metal sound like on "Heartwork." While on "Swan Song" it was more of a death and roll recording.Their first break from the goregrind sound of the early works was on "Necroticism." Its crushing heaviness  amidst the melodies and the dual vocal assault of Jeff Walker and Bill Steer definitely make this a death metal classic. The one thing I like about Carcass is they add groove to a lot of their songs to break from the tension of the blasts. The harmonies interweave in the mix making it more dynamic!  I enjoyed the later albums as well as the early ones. For me"Necroticism's" song writing, production and the musical ability of all the members was done just perfect.  I enjoyed the album in my youth, but didn't appreciate it as much as I do now.  I was more into "Reek of Putrefaction" and "Symphonies of Sickness" at that time. After hearing the album  for the first time again in several years I enjoyed it from start to finish. If you haven't heard this record yet get out from under the rock that your living under and put this one on nice and loud. Tracks to check out from the album are "Corporal Jigsaw Quandary," "Inpropagation," "Lavaging Expectorate of Lysergide Composition," and "Incarnate Solvent Abuse." As I mentioned earlier in this review,  listening to this from start to finish gives it a more menacing effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment