Sunday, August 14, 2011

Anal Cunt "Morbid Florist" EP Review




Anal Cunt Morbid Florist EP


I remember hearing about Anal Cunt back in high school and as soon as I heard the noisy, offensive chaos that made the band infamous,I fell in love immediately. The album was originally a demo that was supposed to be sent out to Earache records, but eventually landed as an EP release for Relapse. This was in the in between point where Anal Cunt was doing the untitled noisy stuff and mixing it with the later material which had lyrics and titles, all really offensive I might add. The album displays guitarist John Kozik on the credits but the lineup on the actual recording is Seth (guitar/vocals) and Tim (drums). The band blazes through the recording with noisy blur core songs mixed with a Siege medley, “I Don’t Wanna Dance”, “Radio Hit” and “Guy Lombardo”. If you’re looking for politically correct music then you’ve come to the wrong fucking place! This isn’t my favorite AC release but this is definitely up there. Love them or hate them they inspired a whole genre of music that still considers the band very influential. When I heard Seth had died back in June a little bit of me died that day too. May his cold hearted soul R.I.P. or has he might put it HAHAHAHAHHA Seth’s fucking dead

Seth Putnam R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment